Due to all the contingencies and difficulties caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, the Portugal – China Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCILC) provides this page with publishing information to support its associates, companies and entities in general.
This document is produced by CCILC, associates, partners and institutions that aims to respond to concerns related to the impact of the virus on economy, namely on companies, and the solutions that are being made available.
- ESTAMOS ON: PORTUGAL’S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
The Government launches the website with the objective of presenting all relevant information on the prevention and containment measures of the new coronavirus on a single platform.
- CHINESE SUPPLIERS FOR MEDICAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT
CCILC activated its institutional contact network with a view to identifying credible contacts from suppliers of medical protection equipment, as well as customs information on such products.
- INFARMED: VERIFICATION OF CERTIFICATES / ATTENTION TO DECEPTION SCHEMES
With the urgent need for medical materials suppliers, it is essential and possible to verify their credibility. In this sense, we inform that on the Infarmed website (National Authority of Medicines and Health Products, I.P.), by searching “fake certificates” (certificados falsos), it is possible to find a list of companies already identified with false documents. We advise all those who search for other contacts to consult, in addition to those that CCILC has already published and confirmed as reliable.
We also draw attention to deception schemes that may arise through contacts of providing equipment, without it being possible to see whether they are actually suppliers or manufacturers. Thus, all approaches must be subject to verification. CCILC makes its services available to the public in general, providing as much assistance as possible in such situations, either through its team or through its institutional contacts.
- SCAMS RELATED TO THE OUTBREAK OF COVID-19 – EUROPEAN COMMISSION
The Commission and the competent national consumer protection authorities are on high alert and are calling on electronic platforms to put an end to scams and unfair practices.
- INFORMATION ON GOODS TRANSPORT – TRANSITEX
Transitex has been carrying out several transports of masks, surgical supplies, food and medicines. It is therefore informed that:
At the moment, airlines are only operating with freighters, namely: Qatar Airways, Swiss cargo, KLM Martinair Cargo.
In terms of importation, it should be noted that this type of merchandise is subject to the payment of the freight charge at the origin, before the goods board the plane.
Attention to the risk of confiscation / loss / theft of this type of cargo, which is a risk that the airlines are not responsible for.
To transport this type of goods, the certificate of conformity of medical devices with Directive 93/42 / EC and CE mark on articles shall be presented at custos.
- VAT EXEMPTION ON IMPORTS OF NECESSARY GOODS TO COUNTERACT THE COVID-19 OUTBREAKS – EUROATLA
Circular Apat No. 156/2020 – April 8: Import tax and VAT exemption to combat the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak
“In accordance with Commission Decision (EU) 2020/491 of 3 April 2020 (attached), customs clearance and VAT exemption are granted on the import of goods necessary to combat the effects of the outbreak of COVID-19 in 2020. ”
- CORONAVIRUS | TRENDING TOPIC PLMJ
Companies shall evaluate to which extent the impact of Coronavirus may affect their ability to comply with the contractually assumed obligations, as well as identify the reaction of the mechanisms within its reach in case of a counterpart default. Start diagnosing various potential and effective operational risks with PLMJ Trending topic dedicated to the Coronavirus theme.
- DIÁRIO DA REPÚBLICA: EXCEPTIONAL AND TEMPORARY MEASURES TO RESPOND TO THE EPIDEMIOLOGICAL SITUATION CAUSED BY THE CORONAVIRUS SARS-COV-2 AND THE DISEASE COVID-19
- SOCIAL SECURITY: EXCEPTIONAL MEASURES UNDER THE COVID-19 CRISIS – HOW TO PROCEED TO ACCESS
- PORTUGAL 2020 – TECHNICAL GUIDANCE: MEASURES RELATING TO THE EPIDEMIOLOGICAL SITUATION OF THE NEW CORONA-VIRUS – COVID 19
- CAIADO GUERREIRO: COVID-19 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS IN WORK CONTEXT, TAX AND THE SUPPORTS AND INCENTIVES
This guide aims to clarify in the most objective and simple way possible the main existing labour and tax issues that have arisen within the scope of the existing risk containment and mitigation measures presented and decreed by official entities as well as companies.
- EMERGENCY STATE IN PORTUGAL: DECREE NO. 2-A / 2020 BY THE PRESIDENCY OF THE COUNCIL OF MINISTERS
Proceed with the declaration of the state of emergency carried out by the Decree of the President of the Republic no. 14-A / 2020, on 18 March
- PORTUGUESE REPUBLIC: BUSINESS SUPPORT MEASURES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 | FLEXIBILIZATION OF PAYMENT OF TAXES AND SOCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS (2nd QUARTER 2020)
- WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE PANDEMIC? – EY
EY makes a “summary of support measures in the context of responding to the present emergency situation”, it is also available on its international page a compilation of public policy measures taken globally, with daily updates, for companies with businesses and, especially, with international Investments.
Download Summary HERE
See website HERE
- IMPORT DECLARATIONS WITH FRANCHISE OF ART. 74 AND FOLLOWING REG. 1186/2009 – ROMA DE ANDRADE
“The benefit of franchise from import rights and exemption from VAT must be requested, which should be made by the importer (according to the conditions of articles 74 and 49 of the decrees mentioned before), or by his representative, through a request annexed to the declaration (PCII Code) and invoking in the declaration with the code ‘C26’ regarding import duty franchise and the mentioned ‘VAT’ relating to VAT exemption ”
- REPORT ON THE COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMIC POLICY RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- IMPACTS AND CHALLENGES FOR COMPANIES AND FAMILIES – PINTO RIBEIRO ADVOGADOS
Clarifications on the temporary and exceptional legislation being issued by the Government in response to this crisis, as well as specific analyses on the main sectors of activity affected.
- ENRICH IN CHINA COVID-19 RESPONSE CALL! FINANCIAL INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES
ENRICH in China launched a COVID-19 Response Call, with Financial Investment Opportunities available for innovative companies with solutions dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Know more HERE
- “STRONGER NORTH”: A MICROSITE TO SUPPORT TOURISM
The Regional Tourism Entity of Porto and Northern Portugal launched a microsite, which aimed at entrepreneurs in such sector to help reduce the impact of Covid-19.