The Portugal-China Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCILC), in cooperation with Universidade de Coimbra – CCILC Associated Member – is informing about the Advanced Course “China and the Portuguese-speaking Countries in World Trade: Commerce, Tourism, Cooperation and Development”, coordinated by Professor Carmen Amado Mendes and lectured at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Coimbra
This initiative aims to minimize the lack of knowledge in this topic and can be a great asset for professionals and students who wish to deepen their economic, political and cultural knowledge about China and the Portuguese-speaking Countries. This course is fully lectured in English, has the duration of 1 academic year (from October 2020 until May 2021) and only takes place on Fridays.
The course is comprised of 1 annual course unit and 4 semestrial course units:
- Portuguese for Business (for Chinese students) OR Chinese for Business (for other students)
- Political Systems of China, the Community of Portuguese-speaking Countries and the European Union (1st semester)
- China-Lusophone Commercial Relations, Investment and Tourism (1st semester)
- Emerging Economies and South-South Cooperation (2nd semester)
- Cross-Cultural Business Management in China and the Lusophone Countries (2nd semester)
With the objective of establishing a bridge between the academia and the business world, the course also provides its students with several internship opportunities in partner national and international institutions such as IPOR and the Bank of China.
Additionally, the best student of each edition of the course earns a chance to win a trip to China and participate in an Enterprise Mission of AJEPC (Portugal-China Young Entrepreneurs Association).
The call for applications for the course will be open from February 10th until May 31st. More information about the course can be found in the website http://www.uc.pt/en/feuc/eea/diplomas/curso_formacao_china.